Instructions for mounting Double Action Spring Hinges-
- To properly mount spring hinges, it is necessary to release the tension on the springs. Insert the tension rod into one of the adjustment holes on the tension lug and turn it so that the tension pin can be easily removed. (Fig. 1).
- Mount the door leaf to the door flange. The door leaf may be mortised or surface applied and must be centered between the axial centers of the double acting hinge.
- Align the door centerline with the centerline of the frame. Attach the jamb flange to the surface of the door casing. Shims under the jamb flanges may be necessary for proper door alignment.
- The hinges should be mounted at the height locations designated in Fig. 2.
- The axial center of each hinge must also be vertically aligned.
Spring Adjustment Tensioning Instructions:
- Place door in the closed position and wedge up from the floor until it is plumb.
- Insert tension rod into the holes on the tension lug and turn in the correct direction (Fig. 1). Turn it towards the left when the hinge is mounted with the tension lug at the top and towards the right when it is mounted with the tension lug at the bottom. One hole of tension is recommended for the bottom hinges. Do not exceed five holes of tension.
- Insert tension pin and remove tension rod.
- Increase tension on top hinge if the door sags or return action is too slow.
CAUTION: Improper use or mounting may cause injury!
Do not use on doors with hinge edge beveled.
LIMITED TIME SALE on our Double Action Spring Hinges
Use Discount code: DOUBLESPR and take advantage of an additional 12% discount